![]() |
"Let my anthem be the sound of thunder, my opposer a blackened sky.
Let my stronghold be the Creator of earth. We will see who rules the lighting tonight." -April 11th, 2012
|
I contemplated how I wanted to make this photo for a while before taking it, and in the process wrote the "poem" above. It may need a bit more tweaking, but, being the procrastinator that I am, I'm not sure how long it would be until I actually feel it's finished.
The story unfolds with a young man who holds all potential. But, as most forget, potential leans both ways, towards good and bad. Because of this, my potential is my anthem, the sound of thunder. For although my potential may be as powerful as thunder, there is still question as to whether that thunder should be seen as part of the storm, my opposer, or as equal strength given from a more righteous force. That force, of course, is my stronghold, the Creator.
Now, this is where things get a little heavy. Yes, there is an approaching storm on the horizon (the challenges of sin). And yes, I will likely withstand it with the strength given from God (the golden earth that grounds me). But the key here is to notice the relationship between the aspects of the photo. No, the storm is not yet surrounding me, but neither is the golden grass. Yes, I have my faith as my weapon (my necklace), but that weapon will only allow me to prevail as long as I can hold onto it (a matter regarding my own strength as a person).
So, with this perspective, this photo can be a classic depiction of man: a soul caught in the war between Good and Evil, his own will power leading to either his salvation or destruction. But, there is still one more catch, which is nearly the main purpose of this photo (so apologies if this has become somewhat lengthy).
What happens when you fall, when you become too weak to stand, or when a force hits you with all its might? In the real world, you end up on your back against the ground, sometimes with your face in its dust. But no matter where you are or how long you have been there, the earth will always be there to catch your fall. This is the same as God. Yes, we are in the midst of a war, and even after choosing a side we can still be wounded by the opposing party. But no matter how hard we are struck, He will always be there to save those who stand on His side of the line, and even those who fall across it. With that said, the point of this photo is to say, "don't be afraid to take the hits." Don't be frightened when challenges charge in your direction, and don't despair when they become too much. As long as you can see His side of the battlefield, you are never too far away for Him to save you.
God fights for those He loves, and His love is infinite.

No comments:
Post a Comment