September 12, 2012

I wanna write more..


So here's what happened...

I left  last Friday night to go home (at 12:37am I might add, t'was a "guy's night") and decided to take my desktop from the apartment (I had a butt-load of homework to do over the weekend).

I woke up WAY too late since my iPod/alarm clock decided it'd be better for its battery to die (it was half full when I went to bed?). I cleaned of the super messy desk in my room, set up my desktop, stole an old leather desk chair (w/ wheels!) from the outside shed, and got to work on my homework.

About 2 hours into my studying, I realized that my feet were frickin' freezing and that it probably had something to do with the fact that the rest of my body was cold as well (who'da thunk it?).

SO, to counter my ice-cube-ish state of being, I dugg through my closet looking for anything that would keep me warm but still allow me the ability to move my ligaments (snowmobile suits wouldn't work). But, as I should've expected, nearly everything I like to wear was back at my apartment... crap.

BUT (I love all caps), I did manage to find one of my favorite cozy shirts that had previously been missing for about a year or so (that kinda thing happens in a house like my family's). It's one of my favorites because it's heavy, soft, plaid, collared (I like collars?), and the sleeves are actually long enough to pass the first knuckle of my thumbs (FREAKIN' AWESOMENESS).


Sooo, with a blanket on my feet, my favorite shirt on my back, and a nice comfy chair under my butt, I got back to studying. As I sat there under a somewhat dim desk lamp, I thought, "dang, I'm feeling like a writer, all cozy and snuff." I went back to that thought after finishing my homework (around 6pm or so), and looked back on the few stories I'd wanted to write in the past. "I should write more. I at least have time to jot down ideas, and I can prolly paste them together later on durring breaks and whatnot. I should totally just DO IT!"

Writing, or at least the ability to write, is something I envy very much. To take ideas, dreams, or even feelings and place them in a medium where anyone (most anyone) can realize them, just as much as you do, is nearly the coolest thing ever to me. It's off the heezy. If I could learn that ability, to take the thoughts trailing through my world and make them tangible to any who wonder, that would be perhaps the most fulfilling hobby I could ever acquire.
(This is where the nerdy part of mikey comes in and says, "Hey, hey you, I've got it! All you need to do is figure out how to use telepathy. ^.^"... I think I'll keep that side of me hidden for a lil longer though.)

So yeah, bottom line: I love to dream, it's one creative ability I have that I cherish more than any other. So if I could could figure out how to share those dreams, mikey would be pretty much ecstatic (this was the first time I've ever spelt "esctatic"... I had no idea there was a "c" in it. derp).

- mikey out.

No comments:

Post a Comment